I think Cody was most excited about registering for our wedding. He kept asking when it would be time to register – little did we know it was a much bigger ordeal than expected. Lots of decision-making, lots of compromise, and lots of “will this fit in whatever apartment we end up with?”. But it was fun nonetheless. This was probably another one of our favorite parts – but also one of the most stressful ones (probably because I tend to over think…oops.) I mean we were setting the tone for our new home though, that is kind of a big deal and a lot of pressure. Luckily, we agreed on the color schemes and have similar taste so that part wasn’t too difficult.
We went with light soft yellow and navy for the kitchen, beige and something close to sage green for the living room, navy and white for the bathroom, and soft champagne gold, ivory, and some purple accents for the bedroom.
We registered at Williams Sonoma, Target, Macy’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Honeymoon Wishes through our hotel we’d be staying at. We already had some of the essentials between the two of us but we still had a lot that we needed and wanted. If you need some inspiration for your own registry, you can take a look at our registries by clicking the names of the stores linked above.
Our tips for registering for your wedding:
- Do your homework first so you have an idea of what you want. For instance, I knew I needed some pretty bake ware and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go with Sur la Table or Williams Sonoma. So I looked at both and the scallops on the Emile Henry collection at Williams Sonoma won me over, so we went with that store.
- Pick a variety of stores – and prices. There may be people from all different walks of life coming to celebrate with you, so make sure you make it convenient for them to find something online, near them, or within their price range.
- Make a day (or two of it). Look at it as a date day and enjoy yourselves! Take a lunch break, get a drink. Have fun!
- Don’t be afraid to ask the store workers questions about their products if you have any. You want to make sure you’re registering for what you actually want, can use, and will make sense for your future together.
- Comb back through your registries online when you get back home…and several more times after that. You may have been pressured into adding a bunch of stuff you didn’t necessarily want or need, so take those off! You may have forgotten something or not seen something in store that you can now add online! Make sure you discuss and tweak your registries together so you will both be happy with whatever you receive.
Happy Registering! ♥