I had never heard of the Liebster Award until Catherine Sheerin from Holistic Toolkit nominated me. She is a qualified holistic therapist that provides Massage, Indian Head Massage and Reflexology treatments. She writes about some of her findings and recommendations that she uses to enhance her overall wellbeing. You can check out her lovely blog here. Thank you Catherine!
I’ve learned that the purpose of the Liebster Award is for bloggers to provide each other a platform to be discovered, which hopefully allows people to find other bloggers they are interested in. I also learned from Catherine that “Liebster” in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. How sweet is that?!
The rules of this award are really easy to follow:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (try to select with followers under 200 but not always essential).
- Ask them 11 different questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
- Link this blog post in your Liebster Award blog post
- Comment on this blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award.
Here are my answers to the questions that Catherine asked me:
- What got you into blogging?
I started blogging right after high school because I thought I could turn it into a career. I admired the strong, smart women that worked hard and built their own business through blogging. But back then I didn’t have the ambition and the focus to make my blog go anywhere, and I had a few other blogs between then and now but this one is different and I’m doing it for fun, but hoping that also maybe someday it could turn into a career of some kind. We’ll see what the universe has in store for it/me.
- What is your biggest blog achievement to date?
Re-branding. I recently re-branded my blog and purchased the url to make it more official. I wanted my blog to be more about inspiration, health and wellness, and my wedding series. I’m proud of taking the leap to really put forth a lot of effort to build a blog that I feel I can grow with and that people might find more relatable, helpful, and inspiring than just a diary of my life. Though I do still keep it pretty personal.
- What is one motto you live by?
Treat others how you would like to be treated.
- Who is your favourite “celebrity” that you would love to meet and what would you ask them?
Oh gosh, this is a difficult one. If you’re talking in regards to movies and music I guess Taylor Swift and I would ask her about all of her stages in life/music and if these changes were calculated or if they just happened and how. But if you’re talking on a broader scale, I would love to meet Sheena Mannina and ask her for some tips on connecting with myself and finding and strengthening my intuition.
- What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Hit snooze on my alarm and snuggle closer to my hubby. But once I’m up I usually check my phone and work emails.
- How do you relax?
I take a salt bath almost every night right before bed. Wine tasting will also do the trick though, haha.
- What is the last thing you do at night?
Set my alarms (yes, I need multiple to actually get up) and kiss my hubby goodnight.
- Choose 3 words you would use to describe yourself.
Sensitive, giving, moody.
- Choose one thing your readers don’t know about you?
I danced ballet for 10 years and when they wanted me to go classical and on point, I switched to jazz for 3 years. I prefer lyrical ballet and movement vs. classical. Plus, I didn’t want to completely mess up my feet by going on point.
- If you had a time machine would you go back or forward in time?
I would go back in time so that I could relive some of my favorite moments in life.
- What super power would you like and why?
Reading people’s minds. I feel like there is a lot that people don’t say and it bothers me so I’d like to be able to know how they’re really feeling so I don’t have to pull it out of them.
Below is a list of the 11 bloggers that I am nominating:
- Sarah from The Flying Yogi
- Alexis from Please Don’t Kale My Vibe
- Alex from Alex Out There
- Francesca from Diary of a Twenty Something
- Karly from KarlySheFlows
- Megan from Minding My Soul
- Kaela from Kaela Celeste
- Lindsay from Wellness in Real Life
- Devyn from Devyn Rose
- Aubrey from Girl Meets Champagne
- Stephanie from Stephanie Elizabeth – Twenty Something
Here are the questions I’m hoping they’ll answer:
- What made you start blogging and why did you choose this type of blog?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is your favorite self-care practice?
- What is one of your favorite memories in life so far and why?
- What are you most looking forward to in 2018?
- If you were a color, what color do you think would best represent you and why?
- Soup or salad?
- If you could have dinner with anyone – dead or alive, who would you choose and what would you want to talk about?
- What is your favorite recipe?
- Has blogging changed or helped your life in any way?
- Who inspires you the most and why?
I think this is such a fun way to build each other up and discover new blogs and meet other bloggers. You can always get inspiration or learn something from someone. Love the support that this award brings to the blogging community. I can’t wait to read the answers from the blogs I nominated!