In honor of Valentine’s Day, we thought we’d do a little couple’s tag for you – vday themed.
Feel free to let us know your answers down below in the comments!
- Are you a romantic person?
Amberlee: Yes, very.
Cody: I would say yes, but I used to be more romantic.
- What do you prefer receiving on Valentine’s Day?
a. chocolate or other candies
Amberlee: Dinner, dessert, & Flowers.
Cody: Dinner & dessert.
- What do you usually get on Valentine’s Day?
a. chocolate or other candies
Amberlee: Dinner, flowers, a card, and some treats.
Cody: Dinner & a card & some other little treats or gifts.
- Do you prefer a handmade card or a store-bought card?
Amberlee: As long as there is a thoughtful and loving note written inside, I don’t have a preference. I just want some effort put into the message.
Cody: I don’t mind how the actual card is made, but you better put an actual thoughtful love letter inside.
- What is the BEST thing anybody has ever said, done or given you on Valentine’s Day?
Amberlee: On our first Valentine’s Day together, Cody turned his dad’s backyard into the most romantic scene I have ever witnessed. I walked out and he had strung lights all over, had a fire pit going, and had a little table set up with heart plates and the most delicious dinner I’ve ever had. He completely stole my heart that night.
Cody: The jar full of reasons why Amberlee loves me and some nice whisky I was wanting.
- When it comes to desserts, what flavor do you prefer?
Amberlee: Always chocolate.
Cody: For Valentine’s Day it has to be chocolate.
- Have you ever had a love letter, card or gift rejected? Tell us about it.
Amberlee: No, not that I can remember.
Cody: I once gave a girl a box of chocolate and she said she was allergic…but she still took it.
- What was your favorite thing to do when you didn’t have a boyfriend/Girlfriend on Valentine’s Day?
Amberlee: Bake cookies or cupcakes or something.
Cody: Go to the gym.
- What do you think is the best movie to watch on Valentine’s Day?
Amberlee: I think the movie Valentine’s Day is always a nice cliché choice, or something like the Notebook or Sleepless in Seattle.
Cody: I don’t really know but I actually do like the movie Valentine’s Day even though its stupid and cliché.
- What song do you immediately think of when you hear the phrase “a romantic song”?
Amberlee: Our wedding song. ♥
Cody: Our wedding song – Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.
- What Valentine’s Day decoration do you like the most?
a. heart cutouts
d. heart candy
f. whip cream
g. And yes, cherries and whip cream are food decorations. 🙂
- What general Valentine’s Day tradition would you like to remove?
Amberlee: People proposing on Valentine’s Day – I think it’s cliché. I’m so glad Cody didn’t propose on Valentine’s Day or my birthday. He picked a day to be all our own and didn’t make the ring replace a gift – he made a whole other day that can be special for us.
Cody: I’d get rid of gifts, I don’t think it should be about that. I’d rather just spend time with my wife and have something super small like chocolates if anything.
- What tradition would you like to add to Valentine’s Day?
Amberlee: I think we should cultivate love and make it a holiday so that people do not have to work and we can just spend the entire day with out loved one.
Cody: You should have to dance to either “your song” or your wedding song every single Valentine’s Day.
- What are your plans for this Valentine’s Day?
After work on Valentine’s Day we will be opening a bottle of wine, cooking a nice dinner together, and exchanging small gifts. Our big gift to ourselves is that we are getting a couple’s massage the weekend after.
Wishing everyone lots of love and light today! ♥