2016 here we come! Some people don’t like the whole idea of “New Year’s Resolutions” and some may think that these days people take the “new year, new me” philosophy way too seriously. Cody and I however, are looking at this new year as a way to improve upon ourselves and improve our lives both as individuals and as a couple. We are entering 2016 with high hopes and positive vibes.
We each chose five individual goals or resolutions for the year as well as took the time to talk about and choose a goal as a couple for our relationship. We are also both starting the year off by participating in the 21 Day Fix program in hopes to kick-start a healthier lifestyle. (But more on that later.)
Amberlee’s 2016 Goals/Resolutions:
- Be more positive – I can be very “doom and gloom” when I get overwhelmed or feel like I can’t keep up with my goals or ideas. I want to really work on that this year.
- Get fit – FINALLY & for real this time!
- Find more peace & calmness – I want to practice simple meditation and get into yoga.
- Step out of my comfort zone more often – I hate, hate, hate being out of my comfort zone. But every time I have done something new or something I was not wanting to do because it made me nervous this year, it has turned out okay and I was proud that I experienced whatever it was. I need to do more of that. I want to be more adventurous.
- Live in the moment – my mind is constantly going a mile a minute. I find it hard to enjoy one thing while not thinking about or planning my next move or going over a to do list in my head. This year I want to slow down and enjoy each and every moment and experience.
Cody’s 2016 Goals/Resolutions:
- Get healthy – No soda for a year!
- Write and record one song – I need to finally use that recording system I bought!
- Get fit – work out at least 3 days a week.
- Be more positive – For every negative comment I say, I will say something positive.
- Try a new recipe – I want to learn to make beef wellington.
Our 2016 Relationship Goal:
- Be more present – We are often on our phones or running around or planning out the things we need to get done while we are together. This year we want to take the time to put down our phones, turn off the TV, and slow down together and really be present with each other.
What are your goals or resolutions for 2016?