December is probably one of my favorite months…Okay, it is my absolute favorite month. I’m a December baby. There’s finally a chill in the air here in California. Lights everywhere. And of course, Christmas.
I know we are already at least halfway through the month, but here are a few items that have been on our December to-do list from the start.
- Attend a tree lighting ceremony – We attended a very lame one last year, and unfortunately we missed all of our chances this year due to work and school schedules. Next year will be the year!
- Go to Christmas in the Park – Downtown San Jose puts together this amazing winter wonderland with musical and animated exhibits, glittering lights, a 60-foot Community Giving Tree, an outdoor ice rink, and carnival rides that is open all month long. It’s a must.
- Go Ice Skating – We have two options: indoor ice rink or outdoor ice rink at Christmas in the Park. But do we really want to be super sore for days? I think it might be worth it…
- Drive through Fantasy of Lights – Vasona Park creates a 1.5 mile drive-through holiday lights and display entertainment complete with a Christmas music radio station you can tune into!
- Cuddle & watch all of the Christmas movies – All of them you guys. Multiple times.
- Decorate Christmas trees with our families – We have already done this and had two Christmas-filled evenings: one with my family and one with Cody’s!
- Drive around town looking at everyone’s Christmas lights – make some hot chocolate, take it to go, drive around aimlessly judging other people’s decorations and deciding what we might want to do one day when we have a house…what’s not to love?
- Bake cookies…lots of cookies– I do this every year with my mom and my aunt, and this year we also baked with Cody’s side of the family!
- Drink out of all of the Christmas mugs I have started collecting – because they’re all just so dang cute. I can’t stop buying Christmas mugs you guys. It seems to have become an addiction.
- Figure out what the heck to get everyone for Christmas – This may take some time…some of our relatives are extremely easy to buy for, while others just completely stump us. We’re still working on it.
- Exchange pajamas on Christmas Eve – My mom always made me a set of Christmas pajamas to wear throughout the month when I was younger. Cody’s family would all get pajamas on Christmas Eve. So last year, Cody wanted to start that tradition between the two of us and I happily agreed!
- Take a picture underneath mistletoe – I bought some real mistletoe when we bought our tree, and this year I will get my cliché picture, dammit!
Basically, we really just want to take in everything that this season has to offer. What’s on your December to do list?